Licencing of trader of set of tourism services (linked travel arrangements)
I. The issue of a licence of trader of set of tourism services (linked travel arrangements)
A legal or natural person (hereinafter: the “person”) must obtain a licence of trader of set of tourism services (hereinafter: the “trader”) before offering the tourists to purchase a set of tourism services (equivalent of “set of tourism services” in the Directive (EU) 2015/2302 is “linked travel arrangements”). In order to obtain a license, a person shall submit to the State Consumer Rights Protection Authority (hereinafter: the „Authority“):
- a declaration approved by the Authority.
- a document for obligation enforcement (suretyship insurance issued by an insurance company for at least 3 months or a financial guarantee issued by a financial institution of at least EUR 10 000 (where the trader is not responsible for the carriage of passengers) or EUR 50 000 (where the trader is responsible for the carriage of passengers).
Declaration along with the abovementioned documents shall be submitted (optionally):
- by e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- in person - Vilnius, Vilniaus g. 25, 308 kab;
- by post to:
Valstybinės vartotojų teisių apsaugos tarnybos
Turizmo rinkos priežiūros skyriui
Vilniaus g. 25, LT-01402 Vilnius
- The trader may carry out its working 1 day after the declaration was submitted to the Authority or on the date indicated in the declaration, if the date is following after the day on which the declaration is submitted.
- Within 1 working day of receipt of the documents submitted to the Authority, the Authority sends a confirmation that the documents have been received and registered, and, where appropriate, that the information submitted needs to be corrected.
- The declaration is examined only after the receipt of all proper documents and information necessary for the issue of a licence of trader of package of tourism services and if equity capital is not less than ½ of the authorised capital (for public limited liability companies and private limited liability companies) and property liabilities do not exceed the total assets of the legal entity (for other legal forms of a legal person).
- The license is granted for an unlimited period of time (no paper document) in website licencijavimas.lt and Authority’s website.
- If the Authority decides not to issue a licence, the subject is informed about the decision in 1 working day after the decision is made.
- Traders who have a licence for their activities after the end of the calendar year, but not later than 90 working days from the last day of the calendar year, shall submit to the Authority an annual report according to the rules approved by the Authority. Form for legal entities; form for natural persons.
II. Revocation of a licence of trader of set of tourism services
The Authority on the next working day from the moment of the following circumstances occur, terminates the trader’s right to provide services when:
- the trader, a legal person, fails to comply with the Authority’s obligation within 3 months to restore the equity capital ratio in accordance with the requirements of Article 20 (3) (3) of the Law on Tourism;
- the trader does not submit the report referred to in Article 20 (3) (2) of the Law on Tourism within the additional period of 10 working days specified by the Authority.
The Authority informs the trader in writing on the next working day after the decision about the revocation of the trader’s right to provide services is made.
III. Provision of revenue table
The trader at least 20 working days before the expiry of the existing document for obligation enforcement must submit to the Authority a new document of obligation enforcement and documents prooving the amount referred to in the document of obligation enforcement (revenue table).